We are currently searching for a SysOps to join Spirula's technical team, which experience the most intense aspects of solving problems in unique ways. He/she contributes the hard work, dedication, and persistence to Spirula's core team, as he/she deal with customers issues by applying his/her own creative techniques to identify the source of the problems; as well as keeping the customer aware of every step along the way. This of course requires a continuous learning process on the job, as well as learning in the usual methods as online courses and books. All this is done in a friendly and inclusive environment that promotes innovation and creative thinking.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provisioning, administrating, securing, and optimizing both live and development environments for the clients of Spirula systems.
- Respond to urgent situations in the live environments, which may include some off-working hours.
- Direct interaction with the clients is a part of the job, however it's all about technical stuff and you are not required to do any business tasks. Normally interaction is done by emails or the ticketing system.
- Relocation to Spirula's client's offices may happen on rare cases, compensation is to happen for outside Alexandria clients.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in relevant field.
- A college degree in a relevant field is appreciated.
- Excellent written english language.
- Self-managed and self-motivated.
- Highly accountable and takes ownership. Outstanding work ethic, high integrity, team player, and a lifelong learner.
- Possess analytical skills, mental resiliency and the ability to think systematically under stressful conditions.
No one knows it all, but these are the kinds of things we’re looking for:
- Proficiency with general Linux administration using CLI.
- Good working experience with Bash scripting, iptables, LAMP/LEMP stacks, Linux package management systems, and cloud computing vendors (e.g AWS, GCE, DO, ...)
- Basic working experience with monitoring and performance analysis tools (e.g nagios/opsview, newrelic, ... etc).
- Solid understanding of the Linux OS and its underlying components.
- Good understanding of networking, HTTP, DNS, RDBMS.
- Basic understanding of file systems, load balancing, and information security basics.
- Practical skills of technical documentation and research, analytical problem solving quick learning, analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource, application deployment issues, working with a minimum amount of supervisions, and being in direct contact with the customers.
These points will give you a boost:
- Python scripting, or any other scripting language.
- Hands-on experience with DevOps tools like ansible and docker.
- Basic programming skills.
- Contributions to open source projects.
- Competitive salary.
- Social insurance.
- Private medical insurance for the employee and his/her spouse and kids.
- Work laptop, or laptop allowance if you'll use your personal one.
- Working on non-working hours makes you eligible to be compensated for your working time, this compensation is by working less in another day with the time amount that you reported.
- Friendly and inclusive environment.
- This position is remote job.
- This is a Full time job, 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
- Spirula is an equal opportunity company, we don’t filter candidates based on race, gender, religion, or political views.
- Spirula encourages disabled individuals to apply to its job posts as long as the disability type doesn’t affect the work nature of the position.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying